How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42890
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My parents are in a nursing home. They have a guardian at

Customer Question

my parents are in a nursing home. They have a guardian at liam and I do nt feel that she has been doing well by my parents. For instance my father was in the USAF for 26 years and still to this day does not have his full benefits.. I have repeatedly ask for her to let me know what is the progress and she tells us nothing. She is about to resign after all my parents money is gone. Please help
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have 5 sister and 1 that could not agree and that is why the guardian at liam was done.. I do not have that kind of money to be boned. But at one time my sister was and had my parents in her home and because of that one sister who dd not agree it has come to this. Mind you she does not llive and has not lived near my parents ever. My sister who did have them in her home lived less then a mile away and was so good to my parents.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Your first stop is the Ombudsman.File a complaint that there is a need for change here, they can help get TDADS involved here.TDADS as a guardiaship of last resort program, they have lawyers and support staff that serve as guardians.

This ombudsman is a state employee paid to advocate for your parents and other residents.Call here..

Call 1-***-***-**** to speak with an LTC Ombudsman in your area.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

TDADS here

You have right to complain and seek a new guardian and help for them through ombudsman and TDADS as well.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir, At this time I do not have the money. I grieve for my mom and dad every day. Both have alizhimers and this is just a not right. I even called the JAG at Randolph AFB and they could not help me because I am not there guardian. Twenty six years of serving our country and this happens. My father was the Sgt Major for the hospitals. If I had the money I would pay you but I do not. With Gods grace just maybe I will get some money. I understand if this is not ok with you.
Blessing to you and yours
Gale Weber .
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Mr. Ray, blessings to you and your