How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael J, Esq. Your Own Question
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3471
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Michael J, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My divorce was final, back in October 2015. Earlier this

Customer Question

Hi. My divorce was final, back in October 2015. Earlier this year, I noticed that my ex failed to refinance the motorcycle into his name, per the divorce papers. I have asked him over 9 months to get that off my credit and into his name. He refuses. What can I do to get this taken care of?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.
By continuing, you acknowledge that I am not providing legal advice and can only comment on the law in general.

Sorry to hear about this. I would speak to a local family law attorney and this should be pretty easy to take care of. Typically, one would file a Contempt Motion and allege that the person was ordered to do something by the Court and has failed to do that. The court will give them some time to complete the task and the consequences for failing to do so could be fines or jail time.

I hope this helps!


If you valued my time, please consider rating me positively at the top of the page. Experts don't get credit for our answers until you do. If you have further questions, please continue to ask them until you're completely satisfied.

DISCLAIMER: This is not legal advice and I am not your lawyer. My questions are based on my knowledge of the jurisdiction where I am admitted to practice, my experience on this site over several years, and research on the relevant laws and statutes for your jurisdiction, if any. My information is not advice and you should always speak to local counsel before you act.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you!
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

No problem! If you valued my time, don't forget to rate. :)