Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

A USC husband delays and sometimes changes his mind on

Customer Question

A USC husband delays and sometimes changes his mind on petitioning his foreign wife from time to time. His decision are triggered by his moods whether they are fighting or sweet again as a couple. Can the foreign spouse file for a case of emotional and mental torture or stress because of her USC husband's behavior? and file for self petition?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Questions:

Can the foreign spouse file for a case of emotional and mental torture or stress because of her USC husband's behavior?

Response 1: No, based on the information that you have provided. Unless the foreign national is a victim of domestic violence and has Police Records and Court documents about these abuses, the foreign national cannot file under VAWA (Violence Against Women's Act).

and file for self petition?

Response 2: No, is not eligible to file as a battered spouse. See my previous response.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. That’s the way that I get paid for answering questions on the site. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.