How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald-Esquire Your Own Question
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4180
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Gerald-Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a question about family law, My niece husband is

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: we have a question about family law
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: My niece husband is looking to divorce after almost 5 years and my niece sponsored him to get a green card. we are in Ca. We think that he got married was to get a green card . Is there way to cancel his green card sorry it is an immigration question
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: no not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we want that to cancel his green card and also pay the spousal support.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Unfortunately there are a number of people who fraudulently induce americans into a marriage just so they can get their green card.

It is often difficult to discern a person's motives in these situations. You rniece however can notify USCIS that she believes her husband fraudulently induced her into a marriage. USCIS can then begin the process of revoking the Green Card.

See here for filing the complaint:

This article is useful also:

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.