How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was recently charged with 148(A) PC, CA Los Angeles

Customer Question

hi i was recently charged with 148(A) PC
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: CA Los Angeles County
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no I'm not sure if I need one
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: the cops arrested me and took my phone for evidence that shows I made the false report
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. This is a charge for resisting arrest. Can you share with me how the false report was related and a little more about what happened and what your question is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This charge is for false reported emergency 148(A) PC- I got arrested because of the false report and the cops took my phone for evidence to confirm I had made the call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
148.3 (A) PC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you think I will be needing an attorney for my court date?
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for clarify. Do you want to fight this or resolve it?