How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerDavid Your Own Question
LawyerDavid, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 372
Experience:  Highly experienced attorney Commercial Law, Litigation, Intellectual Property Law, and Family Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawyerDavid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Grandparent right in Cali My grandchild has been leaving

Customer Question

Grandparent right in Cali
My grandchild has been leaving with me since birth mind you he's only 3months
But I been providing for him and my daughter
Now father of my grandson has court order visitation rights
Now correct me if I'm wrong that still isn't 50% custody right
He does nothing or provide for my grandson
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawyerDavid replied 12 months ago.

I see your question has been sitting a while, I am very sorry about that and leaving you waiting. If I understand correctly you currently have custody of the child. If so, the father is likely only getting visitation rights, but I would need to review the court order to determine exactly what has been ordered on behalf of the father. My guess is based on what you are saying is that the Court is going to allow him some limited visitation but is not going to interfere with custody that was decided previously in the best interest of the child assuming things have not significantly changed since then. If you believe it would help, I would be happy to review the court order with you and let you know exactly what the father was awarded. I will offer a telephone call with you and will give you my e-mail address so you can send the order privately and we can discuss in detail and in private. If you need to get a copy of the order please check with the court or your daughter's attorney and let me know when you receive it. I hope this helps, all the best, David.

Related Family Law Questions