How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My granddaughter (Christine) has been living with me for two

Customer Question

My granddaughter (Christine) has been living with me for two years and both parents have nothing to do with her or help me with any of her needs she is 16 now
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello Mary

This is Samuel. I suggest you can try the Kinship Care program and see if she is eligible for any financial assistance. This payment currently is at a maximum of $387. You also can then inquire about the federal program and that payment is currently about $425 to $597 per month, depending on the age of the child.

Of course, if the parents are employed, you could also file for child support from them.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

The Kinship Care Program contact is
***** MS 14-66
Sacramento CA 95814(###) ###-####/p>