Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My granddaughter (Christine) has been living with me for two

Customer Question

My granddaughter (Christine) has been living with me for two years and both parents have nothing to do with her or help me with any of her needs she is 16 now
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello Mary

This is Samuel. I suggest you can try the Kinship Care program and see if she is eligible for any financial assistance. This payment currently is at a maximum of $387. You also can then inquire about the federal program and that payment is currently about $425 to $597 per month, depending on the age of the child.

Of course, if the parents are employed, you could also file for child support from them.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

The Kinship Care Program contact is
***** MS 14-66
Sacramento CA 95814(###) ###-####/p>