How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What does the court do if a misunderstanding took place

Customer Question

What does the court do if a misunderstanding took place
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to helping you.

Can you give me a better idea of what you mean by misunderstanding? Do you mean a misunderstanding in the signing of a contract?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I mean me an d my ex had a court date of 8-15-16 and she didn't show up so the judge grant me sole custody of my son I live in Illinois and she lives in Arizona my son is currently with her
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Making a very long story short the judge in Illinois vacated the order and now we have a new court date 9-12-16
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I heard him wrong when he asked me about the child, I thought he said "was" the child with you but he said "is" the child with so I sad yes the child is with me
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what should I do now and now I know why she didn't show up cuz I must have sent the notice of the first hearing to her old address
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Your previous expert has opted out and I have opted in.

Please clarify - what do you want to happen? The previous order seems to have been vacated, so what are you asking (for)?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm asking this cuz # 1 I received the letter back in the mail that I sent with the first hearing date of 8-15-16, I sent it to her old address that's y she didn't show#2 when she didn't show up he granted me with the order and he asked me " Is the child with you" I thought he said "was the child with you" so I said yes
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry, I am not understanding. I am going to opt out and open this up for other experts. All the best.

Expert:  Maverick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 10 months ago.

It may be in your interest to do a phone call with us on this. The added cost for that is $34.00. I will send you an offer for that and if you accept it, please come back here an enter your phone number so I can contact you.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can my ex make me pay for her lawyer fees her flight and stuff
Expert:  Maverick replied 10 months ago.

We are not really able to understand your inquiry and put it into context without more information. This is why I have suggest a phone call.

Related Family Law Questions