Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Do we have to file a domestic partnership in the State of…

Do we have to file...
Do we have to file a domestic partnership in the State of Nevada. This is where we live now.
8/22/2016
Christopher B, Esq.

Yes, since 2009 you need to file with the Nevada Sec. of State for it to be recognized. http://nvsos.gov/index.aspx?page=269#DPF

"To be recognized in the State of Nevada, individuals who are married or in a domestic partnership in another jurisdiction must complete and file a notarized Domestic Partnership Declaration form with the Secretary of State's Office. The individuals must attach a copy of their domestic partnership certificate or marriage license to the Declaration form. The $50 filing fee is waived. "

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated.

Christopher B, Esq.