How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I have my husband declared incompetent to handle

Customer Question

How do I have my husband declared incompetent to handle his/our affairs. He is an alcoholic, has PTSD, and is suicidal! Please what can I do legally with a lawyer?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience.

You can file a petition for guardianship/conservatorship with the courts. You will have to show the court why the items you listed make him incompetent.