How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33491
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 12 months ago.
No what?
Expert:  Loren replied 12 months ago.
If there is an order in place for support based upon mental capabilitiies or other disability and the situation has changed then you can petition the family court to modify or terminate the continuing support.
If he is demonstrating emancipation, independence and an ability to support himself then child support should be terminated, as it would if there had been no divorce or need for court intervention.
Expert:  Loren replied 12 months ago.
Since he is married and, I am presuming, living on his own, I believe the court would terminate, or at the very least, modify the support.