Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My wife has left three months ago and refuses to talk or

Customer Question
come home. Is this called...
my wife has left three months ago and refuses to talk or come home. Is this called abandonoment?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
8/20/2016
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

It could be abandonment but today we have divorce based on irreconcilable differences.You don't have to prove anything other than when you separated.You would have right to seek a divorce on this basis.Since it appear she doesn't want to reconcile this may be your best option to file, divide up the assets , debts, and move forward.Certainly she has abandoned the marriage that is clear and it appears irreconcilable.

You may want to file here and move forward since she has done this.You have legitimate grounds to file here for divorce and resolve this in the courts if you have too.

I appreciate the chance to help, sorry you are having to deal with this.

Thanks again.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer