How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael J, Esq. Your Own Question
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3461
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Michael J, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In the state of tennessee back child support on emancipated

Customer Question

In the state of tennessee back child support on emancipated child, I am to start receiving SS retirement. how do i calculate my payment
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.
By continuing, you acknowledge that I am not providing legal advice and can only comment on the law in general.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Calculating your back child support is not that simple. An attorney will need to look at your entire history with the child, along with the child support guidelines, to help you come up with an estimation. Any support you have given to the child in the past along with any periods the child lived with you will factor in. Your income during those years will also be a factor. Additionally, you may also owe interest on the back payments. I suggest you get a consulation with an experirenced family law attorney in TN and go over the entire situation. They may be able to give you a number once they've looked at the entire situation.

I hope this helps.

If you valued my time, please consider rating me positively at the top of the page. Experts don't get credit for our answers until you do. If you have further questions, please continue to ask them until you're completely satisfied.
DISCLAIMER: This is not legal advice and I am not your lawyer. My questions are based on my knowledge of the jurisdiction where I am admitted to practice, my experience on this site over several years, and research on the relevant laws and statutes for your jurisdiction, if any. My information is not advice and you should always speak to local counsel before you act.