Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

We were awarded guardenship of our three grandchildren. We

Customer Question
live in North Carolina AND...
we were awarded guardenship of our three grandchildren. We live in North Carolina AND HAVE HAD NO FINANCIAL HELP. We have now run out of money but the state of South Carolina have them on their list of children pulled out of their own home and did not transfer these children to North Carolina even though we paid to have an interstate compact agreement. All back ground checks, financials and other. we are on a fixed income and have now run out of money. Our grandchildren lost their mother and draw Social Security death benefits.These children were refused child support because of this. It is my understanding that death benefits cannot be used for support if it being drawn on her record, which it is.
This des not cover their expenses We cannot travel to S.C. to use their medical cards or take advantage of and of their benefits.HELP
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
8/18/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, have you contacted NC Medicaid office yet and NC Social Services to get them to get the benefits moved since the children are now residents of SC?
Ely, Counselor at Law