How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is 17 years old and wants to live in another state

Customer Question

My son is 17 years old and wants to live in another state from his Mom and myself. It is shared parenting. I am fine with it put can't get an answer from his absentee mother.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Tom,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What is it that I can help you understand?

2. Are you saying that your son wants to live in a state in which neither you nor his mother reside in?

3. Who would he be residing with?

4. Is he still in high school?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still in high school. Reside with my brother and sister in law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

You say you can't get a response from the absentee mother.

Are you able to contact her?

Do you know where she is?

When is the last time that she saw your son?

How does your brother plan to register your son in school?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.


Related Family Law Questions