Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am married to a British woman in Saudi Arabia but we are

Customer Question
Greetings, I am married to a...
Greetings,
I am married to a British woman in Saudi Arabia but we are practically separated however we did not get divorced (On paper) because we have a son and the Saudi laws dictates that she leaves the country once we get divorced (She is under my sponsorship and i am a Yemeni working in Saudi Arabia).
I fell in love with an American and i would like to get married to her, but i read that they would require a divorce certificate for me to get a Fiancee visa to the USA (I don't plan on stay in the US at the time being although i might in the future but i would love to have the ability to visit my wife in the us whenever i want in the first year).
Thank you for your help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
8/18/2016
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! ! I will be assisting you today with your post.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am want to get married to a US citizen without having to divorce my previous wife for the reasons mentioned above. USA law does not allow that. How can i get around this?

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, there is no way to get around this. In order to get married to a U.S. Citizen and use that person to get Green Card or visa to the United States, you must show that your previous marriage has already been terminated.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law