How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Well it is very complicated. Of course. I have a son turning

Customer Question

Well it is very complicated. Of course. I have a son turning twelve. I also have son that is sixteen. The sixteen year old has been having problems for several years.he is now living with my exhusband and the father of the twelve year old. My ex got the sixteen year old high on marijuana at the age of thirteen.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Do you want to hear more?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have had a lawyer in the past but can't afford it anymore.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: There is alot. I have had trouble with alcohol. Both kids were taken because of a family member not myself. All of that was six years ago or more.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

What state is this in and what exactly would you like to know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I already asked. But, I have two sons. One is sixteen and my ex got him high at the age of thirteen. My other son is twelve and when does he have the chance to choose where he lives. My ex kicked the sixteen year old out after getting him messed up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a long mess that I have spent way more money than I have. However my ex can't even afford a new pair of shoes for the twelve year old . And has the sixteen year old living there again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried with the local law counseling DHS but my ex is letting my sixteen year old live in his house with a twentyeight year old woman.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's so nuts I sound crazy I know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The son has the twenty eight year old not my ex.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iowa won't do anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know this costs but how much have I spent so far ?