Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My daughter's best friend is living with us but I can't

Customer Question

My daughter's best friend is living with us but I can't register him for school bc I don't have guardianship. His father has never been in the picture and mom abandoned him 2 yrs ago. He was left with grandparents who r no longer able to take care of him. What do I do to b able get him to school??
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Well he has no one but me! He wants to live here and I want to take care of him but legally don't know how to do that
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post.

I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You need to file for Guardianship. If your application is granted, then you would have formal custody of him and can enroll him in school.

The Guardianship Petition/Application would be filed at your local Courthouse.

You can obtain Guardianship forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you for the information.

Yes, I would get the site to lock the post as soon we are done.

Your question:

If you have an idea for a version of an existing products that could potentially be quite lucrative can you sell the idea to a company

Response: Yes, you can so long as you are not infringing on the original companies trademarks.

Thank you for your cooperation.