How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117401
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband just up and walked out on me two months ago.i

Customer Question

My husband just up and walked out on me two months ago.i found out he's got a woman he left me for.can I get him for abandment and adultery. And bring her in to court to?and make him pay my car off I'm fixing to get. And I get the house.hes done gave lot up and my old car that's. Falling apart on me.and half of our taxes next year.i draw disability and he walked out left me with all the bills.and I draw 193 a month and he knew that.he has not gave me a penny.and he makes good money working as a guard at the prison here in Arkansas.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under Arkansas law, adultery is a specific good cause ground for divorce. So, you can file the divorce based on the grounds of adultery as a fault based divorce. In Arkansas, the marital assets will be divided equitably, meaning if there is fault in a divorce the court can award the party not at fault a larger share of the marital proceeds.
As far as spousal support and making him by you that car you are fixing to get, the courts will consider adultery only as one of many factors and the Arkansas court said they need to determine your needs, your ability to work and his ability to pay. So if you are not able to work and he has the ability to pay they would evaluate his income and your needs and set a support amount. Since he moved out the chances are more likely the court will award you the house.
If a third party caused this divorce and he moved out with her, then under Arkansas law you can sue that third party for alienation of affection, as Arkansas is one of the very few states that allow such separate civil suits. So you can sue her in civil court and seek damages against her for the harm she has caused your marriage.

Related Family Law Questions