Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Exhusband died oweing me a lot of money, I live in texas, We

Customer Question
Exhusband died oweing me a...
Exhusband died oweing me a lot of money,
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: I live in texas,
We were married ,well lived together as husband and wife for12 years
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No I have papers from 1995 he owes $65,000.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
8/17/2016
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Do you know if anyone has filed to settle his estate in the local probate court where he lived?

.

Did he have any money or assets when he passed?

.

What was the debt for?

.

When was the last time he made a payment on the debt?

.

Did he live in TX as well?

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
he lived in tx.
Money was for childsupport
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
$15,000. Was divorse settlment
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We were married 9years & 3 months ,
Lived togerther 12 I had his childern

Ok, do you know if anyone has filed to settle his estate in the local probate court where he lived?

.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Review Legal Documents. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wha the hell ?
Yall said 5. Dollarrs and you took 36?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I am just an independent contractor on the JustAnswer website and don't have anything to do with their billing. I will send the question over to their customer service to figure out what is going on for you..

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is answers to my question
Ely, Counselor at Law