How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6392
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ex wants custody of teenage kids has a history of bipolar

Customer Question

ex wants custody of teenage kids
has a history of bipolar and ptsd
kids want to live with him
domestic abuse as well
have police rexords
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: ms
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: trying to interview some now
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: lots of parental alientation tactics and narcissism going on
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

The children's wishes may be considered by the court; but the court has no duty to follow their wishes. The court can still deny you ex custody based on the other factors you have mentioned. In any case, your ex will need to file a motion to modify custody and at that time you can present your evidence to show that the ex is not fit to have custody.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Related Family Law Questions