Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am looking for a prenup agreement. This is for my daughter

Customer Question
Hello. I am looking...
Hello. I am looking for a prenup agreement. This is for my daughter (28) to be married in a few weeks. It needs to specifically address that any monies and other assets she receives from as a result of death or my x-husband's death, while married to Mr. X will become her personal inheritance and will NOT be subject to ownership by Mr. X in the event of a divorce.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Daughter is 28. Mr. X is 23. Daughter owns outright a vehicle worth $20K. She and Mr. X share a bank savings and checking accounts of $20K now. Would like the agreement to state in the event of a divorce, Mr. X is not entitled to the assets she brings to the marriage - i.e. value of car (currently $20K) and half of their combined savings/checking value of $10K. Mr. X has history of taking money from his father without permission and being forced to repay. Hopefully this will not occur once married to my daughter. Want to protect my daughter from Mr. X taking any monies she receives from my or my x-husband's death.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
8/16/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. We cannot draft any legal documents as that is considered representation. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
You may contact customer service at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####
Ely, Counselor at Law