How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I haven't known where my child or my ex wife have lived for

Customer Question

I haven't known where my child or my ex wife have lived for years
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: She's constantly been on the run through multiple states
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Also she got the divorce and CS order while I was active duty military
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: the order is in Arizona which I didnt live in
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, a family law attorney with 15 years experience and I'd like to assist.

That is a hard situation that she has disappeared with your child. Can you clarify what it is that you are asking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know where my child is and the child support enforcement in Arizona (and divorce) was entered illegally due to the Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act and she put fraudulent information about how much I made, where I lived, etc, and also fled the state with the child but police would do nothing. Also, since I have no idea where she lives so I can't even enforce visitation. I have no idea what to do.
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

So if she entered the divorce in violation of the soldier's and sailor's act, then you can file a motion to set aside the divorce. Her address (last known) or if she had an attorney, his address, would be on file with the court. You can serve her attorney or if she doesn't have a current attorney and you have no way of ascertaining where she is (by calling relatives or mutual friends), you can file a motion to serve her through publication (which is when you print it in the legal section of the newspaper).