How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help paying off a purge bond for child support. my

Customer Question

I need help paying off a purge bond for child support . my boyfriend was working at this job but they want taking child support out of his check so he got lock up and I need your help please. they gave him 8 months and he need his job back when he get out because I miss him a lot please help me.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: they was taking child support at first when he was working at mcdonalds but not popeyes but he told them he was working but they still didn't take it out.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: my name is ***** ***** phonenumber is(###) ###-####yes but didn't help at all.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: he was working they awas taking it out of his paycheck at first but not when he got the new job at popeyeshe got his paystubs with him at jail 811 east city hall his name is ***** *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience.

Child support is his responsibility to pay, and when he doesn't pay it voluntarily, the state will step in and garnish his paychecks. When the state forces him to pay by garnishing, this looks bad on him, if he was refusing to pay it voluntarily. In addition, I wonder if he was not paying all that was due and past due. Usually you have to be behind alot before they will put you in jail for not paying child support. When he gets out, he needs to really make paying his child support a priority. In addition, if his child support obligation is too high, since he is only working in fast food, he needs to try to have it lowered, because it will be really hard for him to ever get caught up if the monthly obligation is too high from the beginning.

Does that answer your question?