How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19306
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Three years ago I caught Wife of 13 years having affairs to

Customer Question

Three years ago I caught Wife of 13 years having affairs to the degree not sure for the 3rd time. She attempted suicide instead of confronting the issue and from there was diagnosed BPD, PTSD , ADD and surely narcissistic as well(hospitalized three times for suicide attempts) I have a (step)daughter age 14 in which I'm dad and have always been, is the inly reason we haven't left long ago. Three children together 12,9,4 and all live in daily fear as her multiple rages have all of us in fear and scared of her. She frequently goes off on nothing and is not only viewed by her pill doctor as unstable and unable to care for herself and children, will run off waving sleeping pills and the point has come where the two oldest simply look at me and say dad," I hope she doesn't come back this time." Mrs. 14 year old is high scholar and she not only is in fear but brings many conversations to me saying I have got to get her institutionalized. We all have tried to get her to seek psychiatric counseling but as the disease works its all us and she has no problem. I still randomly try to check in on her internet/phone activities and Ive been well aware that she hasn't stopped yet gotten worse and my fears of producing videos for online showing became true as this weekend we left one night early for the lake cause she had to work Friday. I placed a audio recording device in our bedroom and yes her along with Mike whom ever that is were videoing and loading onto internet, hell recorder was time and dated and she had the audacity to text me where her phone/usb cord was cause they couldn't find it/ if I only knew this womans full capabilities I would definitely fear our lives im sure. Now im aware she is bringing strange men into the house my children reside should I be taking them somewhere seeking legal advise and getting a restraining order to protect us?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post. I am sorry to read about your difficulties. I am reviewing your post and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

First and foremost, she needs treatment. If she is not willing to go, you would have file Petition with the Court to have committed. Click here for more information. Until then you can file for Restraining Order against her on behalf of the whole family to get her out of the house. On the Restraining Order you would tell the Court what she has been doing that make you and the children fear for your safety and imminent physical harm.

You can file for the Petition for Involuntary Commitment and Restraining Order at your local Courthouse. The forms are in the Clerk's office or some of them can be obtained online. Click on the link below for more information:

Best wishes,

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Related Family Law Questions