How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19145
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a court date 8-15-16 @9am, if my ex defaults and does

Customer Question

i have a court date 8-15-16 @9am, if my ex defaults and does not show up then what?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post.

Could you explain a little more?

What is your case about?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
modify custody
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the information.

If you ex does not show up for the hearing and you have record on file, with the Court that she was properly serve with the notice of the hearing, the Court would rule in your favor. You would get a Default Judgment--you would get what you are requesting for in your custody modification request.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok thanks, ***** ***** joint parenting agreement it says if there is a dispute that mediation should be done first, but if my ex defaults do i need mediation?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

No, you do not. Mediation is before you take the matter to Court.