How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a lot of concerns about my grandparents. So i am

Customer Question

hi, my name is ***** ***** i have a lot of concerns about my grandparents. So i am helping my grandma out, she is divorcing her husband and there is a lot of problems going on in the house. For one he has always been a drunk since all my life, and he usually talks (screams) at my grandma with foul language and threatens everyone in the family. He is usually drunk every night so he messes up the house. We live with my grandparents its my Mother, two brothers and me. There is a lot of witnesses to all his a acts, including then residents across the street. He doesn't work anymore, he just gets his check in the mail but is always asking to "barrow" money, that usually my grandma either ends up giving him or when he comes into our rooms (enters when we are not there) cash is missing, or other things end up missing and end up in his storage unit outside where he usually spends his time drinking with his friends. Not only has he started fights with us (the family), also a few houses down he started a fight with another house on our street, he always got into a big throw down.
i want to know if there is a way the court can remove him from living here while we wait for the divorce to go through for the protection of my grandmother and all our belongings.
Also in the fact that we pay all the bills, thats utilities, trash, rent/ mortgage, and food he doesnt pay anything, how can my granmother keep her house, he was cough cheating on my grandmother, found out he had another kid as well the same age as my mother (38). The house is under my grandpa's name, when my mom and grandma came up with the money to get our house he signed it... what can we do please help! -Thank You.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did grandmother file for divorce?

Does the grandfather physically assault or makes threats of physical violence to the members of the household?

Why is the house only legally owned by the grandfather? Was the house purchased prior to marriage?

Please provide me with more details.