How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41027
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandson is in Hawaii on vacation for summer. Because of

Customer Question

My grandson is in Hawaii on vacation for summer. Because of reported neglect and abuse he refuses to return to Texas. CPS in Texas and Hawaii have been informed. Also mother informed Texas police. She labeled him as runaway,although she sent him here due to the mental and physical stress children have gone through.
He refuses to board the airplane . She threatens us about it. We cannot force him on the plane. He says he will runaway from home .
What can we do ? Is he forced to board that plane back to Texas?
What will happen?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 months ago.

Eventually CPS may pick him up in Hawaii, you could seek temporary custody here with a lawyer in the courts in Hawaii.You would need legal custody here to enroll him in school.CPS may intervene here and take him into custody here unless you file for legal custody.You would need a local lawyer to file for custody of the child.

I appreciate the chance to help you again.If you can positive rate 5 stars it is always much appreciated,

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 months ago.

Family lawyer here

For assistance with finding a Hawaii Attorney, please contact LRIS at *****@******.*** or(###) ###-####

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 months ago.

If you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.Thanks again.

Related Family Law Questions