How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41019
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandson lives in Texas and came to Hawaii this summer

Customer Question

My grandson lives in Texas and came to Hawaii this summer for vacation. While here he and his step sister has reported abuse.
He refuses to return home and is here with us. What can we do? We have called CPS in Texas. They have checked the home and found nothing wrong. He filed a report also.
What can we do as grandparents.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA.Ray here to help you today.

You will need a local lawyer if you want to seek legal custody here where you are located.Your lawyer would have to prove up abuse and that giving you legal custody is in the best interests of the child.The court may agree with you and grant custody.

This is your remedy if you want to keep the grandchild here through the Hawaii Courts.

I appreciate the chance to help you today and wish you the best here.Thanks again.


Lawyer referral for you here

Contact Us

Email: *****@******.***
Phone: (808)(###) ###-####br />
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m.-
4:30 p.m.

Related Family Law Questions