Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 17 years experience
19958803

My husband abandon me and he left me with bills that he

Customer Question

My husband abandon me and he left me with bills that he didn't pay. He has a credit card that I was going to use to pay a Verizon bill that he was suppose to pay. I sent him an email and he told me to switch to Comcast. The phone bill is in my name. Can I use the credit card.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you an authorized user on the credit card?

.

And are you still legally married?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No my name is ***** ***** that credit card and yes we are still legally married.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay, had to be out of office for a bit..

.

If you are not either a co owner of the account or a authorized user on the account, then technically you can't use the card to make purchases or charges.

.

But realistically, if you did use the card, I don't see anything coming of it because even if he complained about it, no DA is going to pursue identity theft charges against the spouse in a married couple situation.

.

.

thanks