Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My ex wife and I came to agreement resulting in a formal

Customer Question
agreed order on former wifes...
My ex wife and I came to agreement resulting in a formal agreed order on former wifes amended verified motion for contempt enforcement and writ if bodily attachment. The main jist of the settlement was that in exchange for a higher monthly support payment all support and alimony arrears will be zerod out with the clerk upon the first payment of the increased child support / alimony.
The document is signed by both parties & notarized and says the wifes attorney will file the document with the court. Is it possible for the ex husbands attorney to file the document or can the defendant file it directly with the court in palm beach fl -
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/12/2016
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Ideally should follow what is written but there should be no issue with who files it.
As long as she has signed it it would be deemed enforceable
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I as the respondent file it myself?

Do you want to talk by phone? I do not believe there would be an issue if your file yourself

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please call me at(###) ###-####

There are additional charges for a phone call

Generally I'm saying whoever files the settlement agreement is a relevant as it should not invalidate the contract

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer