How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My child was removed from my life on 06/09/2016 the day of

Customer Question

my child was removed from my life on 06/09/2016 the day of an angry altercation via text transpired. she was taken from my mothers care by deciet, without my consent or knowledge, and taken to my accusers home and keeping her there under intimidating circumstances. I know who she is but didn't have an address at the time, my daughters been to her home several times prior to this incident. I have warrants and wanted to be sure my children were taken care of before turning my self in. caseworker didn't have legal reasons for child removal and keeping her from me even on her 11th birthday. i have legal rights to my children...since then, 08/08/2016, i was due in court for the custody of my 3 children but never received paperwork nor was i served paperwork. caseworker insists she verbally mentioned it to me over the phone 2wks prior. i don not recollect a verbal court date being mentioned. i learned of the hearing the morning of, an hour before proceedings. i contacted the appointed attorney from my sons fathers paperwork to file a continuance. continuance was denied. my attorney thrown out of court and they proceeded with the hearing. i was unable to attend. the state terminated my parental rights. granted guardianship of 7 yr old to my mother, and guardianship of 11 yr old to my accuser. theses children were in no imminent risk of danger ever in their life. I'm not an abusve parent, no addictions, no priors, my mental health is intact. what can i do and who do i need to speak with?????? I'm in desparate need of help. please *****************
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) What state is this in?

2) What exactly are you asking, i.e. what is your question? For example: "What do I need to file in Court," etc.

Note that normally you'd chat online with an expert. You do have the ability to request a phone call and can do so. The site allows the expert to opt out of the call request, and I must respectfully ***** ***** not worry - other experts receive the request as well, and the first available expert calls. They will also have your question and my replies to build upon, so nothing will be lost.

So you can either reply and we can chat online, or, request a phone call, or, both.