How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is 17 and lives in Georgia. Her dad and his wife

Customer Question

My daughter is 17 and lives in Georgia. Her dad and his wife are alcoholics and won't allow her to talk to her. They took the door off to her room
Can she leave
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: They're mentally and emotionally cruel. She's depressed.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am sorry to hear about this. Can you clarify what you mean when you say that they won't allow her to talk to her? Who is her? Do you want custody of the child?

Related Family Law Questions