How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116710
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex wife is verbal abusive to me and my family...She is

Customer Question

My ex wife is verbal abusive to me and my family...She is verbal abusive to me and my family and p psychologicalY and emotional y abusive to my son. Should I put that on the order of protection And will the judge grant it?
If my ex wife who lives in arizona wants to enforce the custody order would she need2 file a petition with the court here in Illinois and get a order to enforce the custody Illinois has jurisdiction
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

I think you may benefit from a phone call option on this. I will send you an offer of services. If you accept it, please send me your phone number and I will contact you so we can get a solution for you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no please answer On here
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as your previous contributor had to leave.
First, if she is abusive and harassing you, but she is in Arizona, in order to have an effective restraining order against her that could be enforced, you would have to file the restraining order in Arizona. The IL court could not enforce the order as they have no personal jurisdiction over her.
As far as the custody order, that order must be enforced in the court where it was issued. So if it was issued in IL, she would have to come to IL to file.
If she is causing emotional distress to you and the children, you could also consider suing for infliction of emotional distress, but again the court that has personal jurisdiction over her for that claim would be the court where she resides, so that means suing in Arizona.

Related Family Law Questions