How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm trying to find out what I need so I can take my child's

Customer Question

Hello,I'm trying to find out what I need so I can take my child's father remove from the birth certificate so I can get their passports
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: California, he committed a felony and he's visa was denied
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I haven't
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: We are divorced in Mexico and is very hard to have a hold of him,
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Plus he doesn't give money for his kids
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you talking about a US Passport or a Mexico Passport?

2. What does California have to do with this situation?

3. Where are the children living?

4. Where were the children born?