Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My daughter had just had her six-month evaluation and

Customer Question
services were to be continued...
My daughter had just had her six-month evaluation and services were to be continued she then went for a visit and was drug tested and failed at which time the county stopped her services she just got paperwork in the mail that the foster parents want to adopt is there anything she can do I have a daughter who lives out of County who would be willing to take her but she is about to have a baby this is all Riverside County and the daughter who would be able to take my granddaughter is in Modesto
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
8/10/2016
Family Lawyer: S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney replied 1 year ago
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney

What kind of services are you talking about? How old is this daughter and who has custody of her?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My granddaughter is in foster care right now and has been since she left the hospital her mother is diabetic and had tested positive I believe they said meth when she initially went into the hospital she was there for a month because she was high risk before she had my granddaughter and both of them tested clean when she was born end all the other random tests they did however because of the first test they took her from my daughter and have had her ever since. My daughter that is willing to take custody of her is 22 married her husband has a job and she will be working too after her baby is born in September. The services included plans for reunification such as rehab, parenting classes, visits which were twice a week for two hours which they have now made every other week for 1 hour. The babies paternal grandmother tried to get custody of her at the beginning but was denied because her boyfriend had a incident with a minor 10 years ago he is now a firefighter and well known in the community. They told me that I could not try to get custody because my daughter and her boyfriend were living with me. I also have a son that is in the Air Force married with 2 children but he has a DUI on his record.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there anything we can do to stop the adoption

I'm not an adoption specialist so I will opt out. Please don't respond to this message as it will delay another expert responding.

Ely, Counselor at Law