How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19318
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is in a custody battle with his ex girlfriend

Customer Question

my husband is in a custody battle with his ex girlfriend over their 14yr old. Today found out on alaska court view that she put a protective order on me. i never harmed her and feel this is retaliation and unjustified. I am a 13yr early childhood educator and really do not want this on my record.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Alaska
JA: Has either party filed anything in family court? If so, what?
Customer: my husband filed for custody while daughter was living with us and mom did not contest so went to a default hearing and since then daughter is with mom and this case is going to trial
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: cant think of anything
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post.

I am sorry to read about your difficulty.

What is your specific question?

When is the hearing on the extension of the Protective Order?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Their is no hearing yet case disposition is undisposed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Happened today at 4:30
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

There is really nothing you can do at this time regarding the Order.

Also and more importantly, the Order is not binding on you until you have been served. With this service, you would be given a notice of the next hearing on the case. That's when the Court would hear from both sides and then decide whether the Order should be extended or not. So, you need to make sure to go to the hearing with an Attorney to ensure that your rights are protected and that the Order is not extended. You and/or your Attorney if you have one should ask the Court to expunge the Order from your record if the Order is not extended.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Related Family Law Questions