How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117368
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My exs mother decided to report me to C&Y making false

Customer Question

My exs mother decided to report me to C&Y making false accusations about my using drugs, because I threw her cheating son out of our home. C&Y came out in June and gave me a urine test which came back negative for all drugs. The case worker came back mid July and again gave me a urine test which also came back negative for all drugs. My grandmother had emergency surgery and just got released from ICU yesterday. My father lives with her and can't drive or really care for himself so I was helping him out. He lives over an hour away and I'm pretty broke now that I have a single income and have been reported to anyone and everyone by this woman. I.e. Claimed I was submitting false timesheets as a caregiver for United Disabiliry resulting in a unpaid suspension until appeal hearing. Made claims to 2 counties C&Y ect. Last week I was suppose to have another C&Y home visit but I said I
Needed rescheduled for family. I was told today that she needed to come to my home by end of day tom to meet with me and my son. I expressed issues financially with gas $$ to drive hours just to come home for test not to mention loss income now that suspension got temp lifted. I need to focus on getting an attorney to argue false fraud allegations. So my question is how long can they keep testing me before they must close the case if all tests are negative for any drugs? And do they only do urine tests or do they ask for some of each from hair, blood or saliva tests before they give up? After the first visit the case worker said she had no concerns with my home, my child or anything and she saw no reason For a return
Visit. Then she came back in a few weeks stating that her supervisor said they are required to follow up for up to 60 days. She obviously has lied to me before and they don't seem concerned with the financial and emotional burden on an already overwhelmed family. What laws prevent harassment and can I request a certain test to get the case closed?
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not about the C&Y allegations because I've nothing to hide l. But I didn't take into consideration the loss $$, missed time at work or the embarrassment a total
Stranger watching me pee
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: I said I DID NOT consult an attorney
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Generally, they will test you for 4-6 tests and if they are all clean then the case will be closed as unfounded. Also with this person continuing to make these false allegations, when the drug allegation or even the records allegation are closed and made unfounded, you have a right to sue her for malicious prosecution and false claims and take her to court and seek money damages from her and a court injunction against her to force her to stop making the reports. Usually, once you hit people like her with a lawsuit and if you win and get a lien on her home or make her pay, they will stop their nonsense.
However, you will need to cooperate with C&Y until you get this case closed and as aggravating as it is, just keep in mind when it is over you can sue his mother for filing false allegations.