How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11772
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a child I have raised since birth its been 13 yrs and

Customer Question

I have a child I have raised since birth its been 13 yrs and her mom just came and got her I have no papers can I still take her to court to get her back?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

How did you end up raising this child since birth?

Did the child maintain contact with the biological mother throughout the child's life?

Was mother ever subject to any investigations for any type of child abuse / neglect?

Please provide me with more details.


Related Family Law Questions