How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16378
Experience:  13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I authorized by wife to be an authorized caregiver for my

Customer Question

I authorized by wife to be an authorized caregiver for my son (her stepson), on a form at his doctor's office. My ex-wife called and wrote the doctor a letter and asked that my current wife no longer be allowed to authorize care for my son, and the doctor says she has to comply with that letter. Is this true? Can my ex-wife negate my authority to delegate an authorized caregiver?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there --


Unfortunately, because your ex wife is the biological mother and the doctor's office only legally has to take direction from either of the biological parents, your ex wife can protest this designation and ask that she be excluded from the process and the doctor's office really has no choice but to comply. In the event that you have a court hearing coming up for any issues in the not too distant future at the family court, you CAN bring this issue up in front of the judge and if he or she orders this to happen then your ex cannot challenge it.


I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating above in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you? I am paid nothing for answering your questions unless you press the middle star or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star above. Doing so will not cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time for assisting you today. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!



Related Family Law Questions