How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31781
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My teen son who is acting up is being influenced by his EX

Customer Question

My teen son who is acting up is being influenced by his EX caretaker's daughter who is 30 ish . Despite giving notice in writing she continues to call, face time him , bad mouthing me the mother (of adopted son) and advising him to do the wrong choices . My therapist advised that I seek legal council and have a letter written to her formally explaining consequences and follow up with what ever needs to be done if she does not comply . She is also an adopted child who went thru similar behavior feels she can only handle him and I am not fit to be his mother.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If your son is a minor (younger than 18), then you can file for harassment based on her contact despite you informing her not to communicate with him. You can also seek a restraining order to keep her away, and if she fails to do so, the judge can hold her in contempt and fine or even jail her.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My credit card info is correct
Not sure why it is saying I mistyped
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get you to write a letter
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

i can't see your account if there's an issue, you would have to contact customer service.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

We're not allowed to take on clients through this site....but you really don't need a letter. Instead, you can file criminal charges in your local criminal court for harassment.....the county prosecutor will represent your interests in the matter.