How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm living in a family owned home and for months I've been

Customer Question

I'm living in a family owned home and for months I've been one sickness after the other I think I've found the problem and several family members have possibly died from this but the soul honor of the home refuses to address the situation which is believed to be toxic mold what should I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the photos that were sent is where the kitchen sink has been leaking for years and the bathroom is the same.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel. To be clear you have notified your Landlord of this problem?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

You first need to notify the landlord. Send the pictures and a letter stating that this needs to be taken care of. You also have the right to sue the LL for and damages such as your medical costs if you have been ill from the mold. Texas does not have any laws that require landlords to disclose high concentrations of mold in rental properties to prospective tenants or buyers

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

So at this time, your option is to tell the LL you want it repaired and you can file a suit for your medical costs. Now, if you want to move, that is also good cause for you to break the lease and you can still sue for your medical costs.

Related Family Law Questions