How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can i get the courts to extradite my ex husband for 80

Customer Question

how can i get the courts to extradite my ex husband for 80 grand in back child support. he is now in west va but he is wanted on capias in va for failure to comply
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: the warrant and the children and i are in va. he fled to wv
JA: Are we your first resource? And has anything been filed in court?
Customer: no and yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: there are 3 minor children involved
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel. If he has an open warrant call the sheriff in both states and the county where he is now living and tell them you know where he is and ask about having the warrant served. You also can contact the District Attorney in both states and counties and tell them you need him arrested, there is an open warrant and you know where he is.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

I suggest also if the states are not interesting in helping you with this, that you review this LINK and then consider contacting the Department of Justice to have him charged federally.