How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I have full custody and the father has virtually no

Customer Question

If I have full custody and the father has virtually no rights (he stopped showing up to court during our custody battle 5 years ago), if we were to marry would he then be absolved of his responsibility to pay child support and be the legal guardian should something happen to me/death or medical emergency?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using Are you speaking about marrying the father or someone else? Is the father still the legal parent of the child?

Related Family Law Questions