How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28356
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hearing for temp orders have been filed and served on her.

Customer Question

Hearing for temp orders have been filed and served on her. Lease is up at marital residence. I'm the stay home dad, she is the breadwinner. She has been and is keeping my 4 kids with her friends. If I go to get my kids, will I be charged with abuse of conflict? She's got her friends helping her keep kiddos from me. I am unemployed and cut off from resources until official seperation and judge's order. She's alienating my kids from me. I want my kids.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Washington state. Case in Snohomish county
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Lost count of how many told me I'm going to loose my kids.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I'm thinking of going to get my kiddos and bringing the sheriff with me right now
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything in the temporary order about custody? When is the next hearing on this? Where are you living now and if you have no resources, how are you able to care for the children if you have them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have access to numerous assistance programs once and if orders are granted, I've applied and been denied resources because no seperation and she makes too much. I have people helping me with resume and job placement from vocational school. Still have the marital apartment until end of month. Hearing scheduled for the 19th of this month. I'm thinking of bringing sheriff with me to get my kids from her friends and have them charged also.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the additional information and I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. Absent an order that is in place at this time, you have just as much right to the children as she does. Now, you can go and try and retrieve them but can not use force or violence. If you want to call the Sheriff, you can and ask that they accompany you to retrieve the kids. This is not a situation where she has them but they are simply let with a friend, just to avoid and prevent you from having them, because of the situation. Of course, on the 19th, you can address all this but at this time, you can ask the Sheriff to go with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Proposed plan is filed since March
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

So on the 19th, the Judge will decide what to impose

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.