How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 40977
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to take my 9 year old daughter to disney world but my

Customer Question

I want to take my 9 year old daughter to disney world but my wife says she will not give consent. We have equal joint custody. Do I need her consent to do this? If she does decide to allow me to take my daughter to disney, do I need a consent form and if so, what should it include?
Thank\ you
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

If you have visitation here then you are able to take her anywhere you want during this time.Unless your orders restrict you to the same state there is no need for consent here.You just need to complete the trip during your assigned visitation.

If you want to resolve this with some $$ there is no prohibition with you doing that with the ex.
Sometimes it is easier than say a return to court.There is nothing wrong with paying her a bit to resolve this matter and make the trip with your daughter.

But one way or another this should be possible here.You have right to spend time and travel with daughter.I wish you the best here.It is an amazing place with lots of memories no doubt.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.

Related Family Law Questions