How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2156
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Should I respond in writing to to a demand letter that is

Customer Question

Should I respond in writing to to a demand letter that is based on false and defamatory allegations? And can I counter sue?
The letter from the attorney specifically states the complaining party is "requesting" a specific action be completed by me in 30 days or acivil action will be filed against me. It alleges that I entered into a loan in the complaining party's name without their authority to do so, which is false. There has been a mistake by the loan servicer. I can go into more depth but I am unsure if the questions here are posted publicly.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
you should definitely respond and make the attorney reconsider filing this claim. He may think twice if he knows that you have a valid position

Related Family Law Questions