LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

I have a custody hearing on 8-15-16 and I know my ex is

Customer Question

I have a custody hearing on 8-15-16 and I know my ex is going to default and not show what will happen
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You asked: I have a custody hearing on 8-15-16 and I know my ex is going to default and not show what will happen

So long as you haven't asked for anything unreasonable---such as full custody with no visitation allowed---the judge may ask you to explain what you want and why as regards ***** ***** petition, but that will be about it-----and the judge will almost certainly issue an order that is in accord with exactly what you asked for. The entire hearing will probably last less than 5 minutes.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, and with the expectation that you would act similarly and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Can I assist you with anything else this evening?

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can u Draft up a petition for me
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

Even if I could draft a Petition for you, you would not want to pay may me $450 an hour to draft documents for you.

I'm sorry, but JustAnswer prohibits us from representing customers of JustAnswer. Additionally, you will always want a local attorney to assist you in any case you might become involved in, because a local attorney will know the other local attorneys likely to become involved as well as know the judges in your county. So for many reasons, you really want to retain a local attorney if you retain one.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would I word it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
U there?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

You would be better off having a local family law attorney do this for you---but if you have more time than money, you can try and do it yourself. Virtually every county has a law library. Ask the law librarian to show you where the books on Pleading and Practice are located. Generally there are many volumes of Pleading and Practice books from which you can pick the proper one for your situation. While the librarian is typically not a lawyer, and cannot practice law, most are quite willing to assist you in locating the chapter in the Pleading and Practice book which you will need.

Once you have found the appropriate pleading, you will note that in addition to the sample pleading which contains all of the necessary structure for your Pleading, there may also be suggestions to make your pleading more persuasive. Prepare your pleading in accordance with the suggested format in the book, inserting the facts of your case as you know them to be. Then all you will need to do is to draft the pleading on your computer, print it out and file the original with the court while serving the other party, or their attorney, with a copy.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good evening,

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Doug