How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Judges currently use a “best interest of the child” theory,

Customer Question

judges currently use a “best interest of the child” theory, violating the fathers’ fundamental constitutional rights to the care and custody of their children
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nevada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Mother was found off drugs and liquor on the side of some one house two weeks ago should of been open shut case to give father the kids they made wrong judgement on purpose I need a civil lawyer That's not scared of family court judges are cps that can sue
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Yes, under these circumstances you can petition the court to modify the custody by showing the mother is unfit. While we are not permitted to refer any particular family law lawyers to JA's customers, if you tell me what county you are in I will try to help you narrow the search for a lawyer.