How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27256
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was server a summons for divorce, there is no contest from

Customer Question

i was server a summons for divorce, there is no contest from my part to the dissolution of the marriage. can i just contact the court to let them know i am not contesting? or do i contact the plaintiffs lawyer?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon. Yes, it is best to contact the attorney representing your spouse. You can advise them you were served, are not contesting this and they could draft an order, advising of the same and get you to sign off of, whatever you need,to move the proceedings along. You can also always file an answer/response and the clerk of court in the family division has the forms for you to fill out and file, as well.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 11 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or concerns. I am here to help so please just let me know